Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

To be completely honest, I have never had a great New Year's Eve.  But year after year, I continue to be swept up in the romanticism of the holiday.  It is a time for reflection of the year that has passed and hope for things to come, a time for new beginnings.  


Recently, someone asked me how I would rate the past year on a scale from 1 to 10.  After thinking about it for a moment, I said an 8 or 9.  My answer surprised me, but the more I thought about it, the truer it felt.  2009 was a year of turning points in my life: I left San Francisco and moved back to my college town, turned 25, adopted a dog, got my own apartment and really took the time to make it a home, I was fired,  I finally let go of some bad relationships, and made some big realizations about the direction I am heading.  At the beginning of the year, I felt completely lost in the midst of a quarter life crisis.  I knew I was not happy, but I did not know how I could change that.     


So it has pretty much taken the entire 12 months, and now I can say I am really happy with my life.  No other year has been as difficult or taught me as much about myself or the person I want to be as 2009 did.  To honor everything I have learned, I made a few simple resolutions for 2010:


Take care of myself.  Eat well, be active.


Take care of my heart.  Spend time and energy on people who do the same.


Let go of the negative.


How would you rate 2009, and what resolutions have you made?  Looking forward to a great year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment